Pages

Monday, March 06, 2006

Home Improvement

It's been over a month since my last post, sorry for that, but I have been a busy fellow lately (with lots of help). Our home has been undergoing an "extreme makeover". New flooring, windows, some paint and an air exchanger with HEPA filtration. All this is to make our home much healthier for the whole family. It took much research to find suitable materials due to my multiple chemical sensitivities, but it was worth it, I have had very few issues with most of the improvements so far. The carpets simply had to go, they were so old they caused me no problems in terms of off-gassing but were becoming a big problem with my wife and son who have asthma and allergies. We have gotten a lot done, but there is much more work to go.

This weekend we finally got the living room put back together and we are very pleased with the new look. Through all of this the orchid Nannette received on her 40th birthday last summer has been blooming. I have been wanting to photograph it since she got it but I never really got inspired until tonight when it was placed into it's new environment and the time seemed right to capture it's beauty. Perhaps it's a symbol of our home blossoming into a healthy, happy, habitat.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Orchid Blooms

No comments: